Power of Words Art & Photography Exhibit was inspired by the Draw Your Mind, Speak It Out! ORNG Ink emerging artists team up with True Youth on an art collaborative on a group exhibit celebrating the power of words.
This exhibit is meant to inspire, and cultivate relationships between young artists and the community. They’ll be “sister” exhibits displayed at Ironworks Gallery & The Chronicle Building.
True Youth, Inc and ORNG Ink is very pleased to announce Power of Words, a collaborative exhibit and call for submissions. Open to New Jersey and NYC artists working in visual media. The “sister” group shows will be held in Ironworks Gallery, and The Chronicle Building and celebrates the vibrant emerging artist community. Our featured artists and curators are local artists of the Valley, Mike Mal, Krystle Lemonias and Khari Ricks.
- Up to two works per artist, this can increase depending on submissions, 36×36 inches max, dimensions including frame. All 2 dimension media will be considered- painting, photography, mixed media, and works on paper.
- All entries must be submitted by Monday, September 7th
- Application Deadline/Notification: Friday September 5th-7th
- Artwork Drop off: Monday September 7th 2-6pm at Ironworks Gallery, 406 Tompkins Street, Orange, New Jersey
- Exhibition: Saturday September 19th (opening reception at The Chronicle Building, 15 S Essex, Orange, New Jersey)
- Closing Reception: TBD
- Artwork Pick-up: TBD (mid to late October)
All submissions must be hand-delivered and unpacked at Ironworks Gallery, 406 Tompkins Street on Monday September 7th 2-6pm
All accepted artwork must remain on display for the duration of the exhibit. They’ll be a silent auction at the opening and closing receptions. By submitting your work you are also entering a fundraiser for True Youth, Inc. a nonprofit youth arts center in Orange, New Jersey and partner organization in the Valley Arts District.
True Youth Inc, will collect 20% commission on all sales. Proceeds from the auction/exhibition to be used for further programming, supplies and instructors for workshops and programs.
To enter fill out the following form: